Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Morning Thankfuls

Don't worry, this isn't one of those typical blog posts from all the other moms on the planet about how great their kids are and how they're hand making all their birthday party decorations from Pinterest Ideas and they just finished their Christmas shopping (really, those people are full of shit)

This is just a quick, take a minute, and be glad. 

It's 8am on Saturday morning and I'm the only one awake, well aside from Bailey, who is hanging out on the front porch. 



I'm a morning person, always have been. N is the total opposite, he stays up till the wee hours of the morning with boundless energy. I pass out at 10pm. So on the weekends, I try to let him sleep. He's been taking care of M until she starts daycare and he goes back for his final year of school (insert excited countdown let the party begin hashtag). Needless to say, he's tired. So I try to give him a minute to himself. 

Mornings like this remind me of when my nephew C was born. N & I would go stay with them almost every weekend to help out (he was a colic-y baby and my brother-in-law worked weekends.) C was always up early so my sister (technically in-law but for all intents and purposes, she's my sister) and I would sit with him in the kitchen, drinking coffee, talking about life, and trying to entertain the mister. I still credit him for my love of coffee.  I miss those mornings, but he's a big kid now and doesn't need our entertainment. Now I text my sister about life as our kids (her 3rd, my 1st) are growing up at the same rate. They're only 10 days apart



You can see where these mornings lead my brain. To happy times. To the future good times. These quiet mornings at my house give me to think, to reflect, and to be thankful. Thankful for all that I have and all that is to come. No, I'm not sitting here bragging. I can see at least 10 things I should be doing, projects that aren't finished, laundry that should be washed, etc..  But not right now. We all have our own issues but some days you have to sit back and look around and say "Yes, this is exactly where I should be right now. And I'm glad to be here." 

So, while M & N are sleeping and Bailey is keeping watch over the world - I'm being thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment