Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sleep Talking

I talk in my sleep. A lot. I say really random shit and my husband laughs at me and encourages me to keep talking. Sometimes I get up and walk around, eyes wide open, ready to have a serious discussion about who knows what.. But last night, it was his turn to do something weird, and finally I got to laugh.

As I was tossing and turning in my sleep - because I can never get comfortable and the dog was chasing a fake animal of some sort - and the husband reaches over and pokes me in the back and yells

"MARATHON!"

Marathon? WTF? This guy only runs if there's a soccer ball at his feet, or the ability to maybe score a goal. He's not a runner. In fact, he hates running. So, the whole marathon thing was weird. Unless of course he was watching more recaps of the Olympics and his new favorite sport of " Race Walking" - aka mall walking for really long ass periods of time..which is pretty likely now that I think about it..

Anyway..as I roll over to see if he's awake or not, he puts his hand on the back of my head and shoves it (not hard, but enough) and whispers ...

"jackass..."

and goes right back to sleep.

If you are lovers of the sleeptalkingman  like we are, this is pretty much classic. Not as good as his stuff, but good enough for us. Needless to say, I shared the story with the hubs this morning and he apologized, and laughed.


No comments:

Post a Comment